Benefits of the New Deal February 7, 2007Posted by nukemhill in General Interest.
Here is a great article in the Wall Street Journal about the mixed bag we’ve inherited from Roosevelt’s New Deal.
Here’s a list, in case the article goes behind a wall, of some of the sources:
- Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960
- Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression by Ben S. Bernanke
- Reflections on the Great Depression (Paperback) by Randall E. Parker
- The Great Displacement, TCSDaily, by Arnold Kling
- Essays on the Great Depression (Paperback) by Ben S. Bernanke
- Taxes, Spending and the US Government’s March Towards Bankruptcy by Daniel N. Shaviro
I have absolutely no idea when I’ll be able to read all this, but they certainly seem worth it.