Missing Links, June 2nd Edition June 2, 2009Posted by nukemhill in Apple/AAPL, Constitution, Economics, General Programming, Politics (Ghahh!).
Some economics links:
- The Use of Knowledge in Society, by Hayek.
- The Ronald Coase Institute, online materials.
- Gordon Tullock, The Fundamentals of Rent-Seeking, at the Lock Institute.
- Armen A. Alchian biography, at the Library of Economics and Liberty.
- Harold Demsetz, Barriers to Entry.
- The Ultimate Resource 2, by Julian Simon.
- The Bourgeois Virtues: Ethics for an Age of Commerce, by Deirdre McCloskey.
- “We’re Spending More Than Ever and It Doesn’t Work“, at The Heritage Foundation. Secretary of the Treasury for … FDR, in 1939. Yet, the Keynesians persist in their attempts to bankrupt the country.
- The Freeman Online.
- Why We Spend Too Much on Health Care, at The Heartland Institute. Downloadable PDF.
- The Coming of the Fourth American Republic.
- Watching The Herd–A Banker’s F. The stress test reveals some “issues”.
Other miscellaneous links:
- How the Mighty Fall, BusinessWeek article on seeing the warning signs of when a successful company is about to crash.
- Taking the Left out of Liberal. If only.
- Bill of Federalism.
- Mac OS X Tips: 14 Tips for Safari 4 Beta.
- The Pragmatic Bookshelf.
- iPhone Dev SDK.
- Reason: Obama and the Alternative Energy Fiasco. What? Reason Magazine dissing Obama? Say it ain’t so!!
- Neil Gaman on George R. R. Martin: “George R. R. Martin is not your bitch.” Heh.
Some programming stuff, mostly ASP.Net. It has been all .Net, all the time. Mostly, I’ve been pleased. Google has definitely been my friend:
- Microsoft ASP.net website. Pretty cool video tutorials.
- C# Friends: Introduction to Serialization.
- MSDN: GridView.RowCreated Event.
- Wrox: Strong Typed Datasets. This has been a life-saver in the new portal project.
- 4 guys from rolla: ASP.Net articles.
- Programming philosophy: Taming Software Dependencies and Inversion of Control Containers and the Dependency Injection Pattern.
- Building Templated Custom ASP.Net Server Controls.
- 1Password password management system for OS X.